Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Gifts of the Magi


The Wise Men brought gold
To honor the infant King;
High esteem was shown.

Frankincense given
Demonstrated Jesus' role
As our great High Priest.

As our "pontiface,"
Jesus is the Bridge Builder,
Or Mediator

Between us and God,
Who offered His sinless self
To atone for sin.

Jesus still fulfills
His priesthood, interceding
For us before God.

Myrrh, a costly gift
Used mostly at burials,
Prophetically

Spoke of Jesus' death
And His role as Redeemer,
Laying down His life

So we could be saved
From separation from God
In eternity.

How do I respond?
The Wise Men came to worship,
Humbly bowing down

To the Messiah,
Honoring Him as High Priest,
Redeemer, and King.

What gifts shall I bring
To honor my Redeemer,
My High Priest, and King?

I will honor Christ
As sovereign over life
And all creation.

He walked among men
So that we could walk with Him
Through eternity.

The Magi journeyed
To worship the newborn King
In Bethlehem town.

This Christmas, I, too,
Will worship the King of kings
And the Lord of lords.

I will give to Him
An offering of worship
All throughout my life.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Kathy! I've got a blog post going live within 30 minutes that talks about the wise men's gifts, as well. They were wise, indeed, to bring those specific gifts. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete