Monday, January 30, 2012

Rachel's Blessing

A Haiku Poem
January 30, 2012


Being with Rachel
Was a God-ordained blessing
In my time of need.

1-13-13,
Impending retirement,
Was affecting me.

Before our visit
I had been grieving our "lasts:"
Ministry highlights

That brought so much joy
Through the years with friends we love,
Soon to be over.

While approaching our
Last Mega Church Conference,
Sorrow touched my heart.

Rachel spoke wisely,
With love and encouragement,
"Celebrate each 'last.'"

"Rather than grieve for
What will be no more, thank God
For the joys you've had."

"God has been faithful
Through forty ministry years;
He will not fail you."

"He will be with you
Through all the years yet to come;
His love never fails."

"With each passing day,
Celebrate your 'last' events;
Live each day with joy."

"Trust God for new days,
Thank Him for past faithfulness;
Hope for the future."

I'm very grateful
For my dear sister Rachel,
Whose wisdom blessed me.

She provided me
A healthy new perspective
That fills me with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment