Friday, September 2, 2011

Father Knows Best

Today, I am introducing a new style of poetry to this writing blog. The poetry that I have posted on this writer's blog in the past has been Haiku Poetry, which expresses a single thought in verses with three nonrhyming lines: the first and third lines have five syllables each; the second line has seven syllables.

Today, I am posting another style of writing called Clerihew Poetry, which tells a brief story about a person, with the person's name appearing in the first line. Traditionally the rhyming pattern is AABB. However, a different rhyming pattern can be selected. I have chosen the rhyming pattern of ABCB with the first and third lines of each verse having eight syllables and the second and fourth lines of each verse having seven syllables.

The Bible verses that are my inspiration for today's poem are Isaiah 30:21 and Romans 8:28.

"And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. Isaiah 30:21"

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28"

My heavenly Father knows best --
He knows what is best for me.
He knows my talents, weaknesses,
And all that captivates me.

He knows my inner thoughts and deeds
And listens to ev'ry prayer;
He knows the details of my life
And has planned for me with care.

He formed me in my mother's womb,
He's walked beside me each day;
He knows my life experiences
And watches me work and play.

His plans for me are formed with love.
He gives me free will to choose
To follow His plans faithfully
Or to step away and lose.

God teaches me to trust His way
And surrender before Him,
Humbly trusting Him and yielding
My will and timing to Him.

God always keeps His holy Word;
In ev'ry difficulty
I can anticipate the good,
Obey, and wait patiently.

My Father knows what's best for me;
Plans He's made are beautiful.
I'll listen and walk in His will
And reap blessings bountiful.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Clerihew Poetry before - how very fascinating! And so very beautiful. Thanks, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donna, for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete