Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To One Who Has Strayed




Bible Verse:
1 John 1:9 (ESV) – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Additional Bible Reading:

Psalm 38:18 (ESV) – I confess my iniquity; I am sorry for my sin.
Proverbs 28:13 (ESV) – Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

Devotion:
To one who has strayed, God loves you.

There is nothing you have done that is so bad
that God would love you less.
There is nothing you could do that would be so great
that God would love you more.
God's love for you is unconditional and changeless.

We all have made choices we regret.
God will forgive everything
for which we repent genuinely.
He will work with us
to redeem those past choices.

The road to redemption may be fraught with enormous obstacles,
but God's Spirit will enable you to overcome:
He will free you from slavery to the world and your flesh.

Lay your burden down before the Lord.
Ask God to cleanse you and shape you
to become the person He created you to be.
By God's grace, He will bless you
when you choose repentance
and embrace chastisement
as a tool for growth, maturity, and service.

God's Holy Spirit will enable you to achieve
all that He has planned for you to do.

Prayer:
Dear Father, I lay my burden down before you in full repentance. Cleanse me from my sin. Mold me to become the person you created me to be. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Challenge:
Name your sins and repent of them. Ask forgiveness from those you have wronged. Make amends.


No comments:

Post a Comment