Friday, August 3, 2012

Serving Christ in all Circumstances

Bible Verse:

Colossians 3:23, 24 (ESV) – “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.”

Additional Bible Readings:


Galatians 5:13

Devotion:

Throughout my mother’s life, serving others in the name of Jesus was her lifestyle. She has experienced personal joy meeting the needs of others through loving and encouraging words and deeds performed for God’s glory and honor. Even with a diagnosis of multi-focal dementia, I am confident that God will continue to use my mother as a vessel for His purposes and that his Spirit will be poured into her daily as a blessing to all who are touched by her life. Though her impact may no longer be as obvious or appear as fruitful, I trust that God will achieve his purposes and be glorified through her.

Even in our weakness, God can accomplish his mighty works through us.
Prayer:

Dear Father, let your Spirit work through me and provide me with all I need to serve you with a full heart all my life long.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.
Challenge:                          

Never allow your disability, weakness, or fears to discourage you from a willingness to be used by God for his glorious purposes.


No comments:

Post a Comment