Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tell Me a Story

Bible Verse:
Psalm 102:18 (ESV) – “Let this be recorded for a generation to come, so that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord.”

Additional Bible Reading:


Psalm 71:18, 19; Deuteronomy 32:7

Devotion:


­
Invariably, one of my six precious grandchildren will ask what life was like for me when I was a child. I treasure these moments, because they give me the opportunity to share with them God’s watch care throughout my life.­­­­­­­ To recount the mighty works of God with my grandchildren is a high priority for me, for it is a high priority for God. During these sacred moments of remembering how God has faithfully intervened in my life in the past and has kept his promises to me, faith in God is nurtured in my grandchildren and confidence for their future is strengthened. “I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. Psalm 77:11 (ESV)”

Prayer:
Dear Father, thank you for your faithfulness that endures to all generations, for your steadfast love that never ceases, and for your mercies that never come to an end. Help me convey these stories to others so that they may be connected more closely to you. In Jesus’ name.  Amen.


Challenge:                          
Share with a young person a personal story from your past that demonstrates God’s faithfulness to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment