Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Mimi's*" Day

June 29, 2011, Devotion:

My summer day as a grandmother is filled with a multitude of activities that includes providing piano instruction for my grandchildren, knitting lessons, baking yeast breads and making banana pudding with them, library time, swimming, diaper changes, and teaching them household management. Life is full, and "my cup overflows (Psalm 23:5)."

In the quietness of the morning, before my grandchildren awake, I take time to commune with the Lord and pray for His blessing upon my day:

Live a life worthy
Of the calling you've received;
Be humble, gentle.

Christ dwells in your heart;
Demonstrate to grandchildren
His amazing love.

Illumine your mind --
The Spirit lives within you --
Live victoriously.

May the unfailing
Love of Christ rest upon us
As we hope in Him.

Bible Readings:

1 Corinthians 3:16; Ephesians 3:16-21; Romans 8:9-11; Psalm 33:22

Prayer:

Dear Father, as I begin this  new day, may the power of Your Spirit living within me strengthen and equip me to be a noble reflection of Christ to all whom I meet today, especially as I live out this day with my grandchildren as their "Mimi." In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

*My first grandchild, Mikayla, began calling me "Mimi" from the beginning; "Mimi" continues to be the name bequeathed to me by every grandchild since.

No comments:

Post a Comment