Sunday, June 5, 2011

SUMMER GRANDPARENTING


Full-time grandmother:

Six grandchildren this summer –

My days are quite full!



Supervising them,

Providing activities,

Keeping them involved;



Potty training one,

A teen, ‘tween, and six- year-old

Make for a full house!



Meeting children’s needs,

Cooking, cleaning, and laundry,

Leave no time for Wayne.



Neglecting husband,

While devoting self to kids,

Is surely not good.



I have little time

For reading, writing, study,

And correspondence.



I cannot fit in

Relaxing, exercise, and

Deep cleaning my home.



Help me, Lord, avoid

Depression and self-pity;

Let me count my gifts.



I shall make a plan

To take care of Wayne and self

To maintain good health.



I want to thank God

For the opportunity

To influence kids.



May God give me grace

To offer love and nurture,

Serving all with joy.



n  A Haiku Poem by Kathy Graumann

n  June 5, 2011

















No comments:

Post a Comment