Friday, June 17, 2011

My Ministry

How comforted I am today by the Lord’s promise to me in Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever.” As I pour myself into God’s Word during this quiet moment in my morning, I thank Him for His words of encouragement. I am reassured that, throughout my season of life in which I am immersed in the full-time role of grandmothering, God is accompanying me and leading me even in the “small” tasks. As I brush my grand-daughter’s hair, I remind her that God has given her beauty, and I softly exhort her to honor God all her life with the beautiful body He has given her. Opportunities to touch eternity are abundant throughout the day as I care for the needs of my grandchildren and demonstrate the love of Jesus to them through my words, actions, and the attitude I convey. This is my ministry in this season of life.

Bible References: Psalm 121:8; I Corinthians 16:14,15; Psalm 78:4-7

As grandmother, I'll
Tell the next generation
The great works of God.

Do all things in love;
Devote myself to service;
Stand firm in the faith.

Invest in their lives;
Teach them how to walk with Christ;
Share the Word of God.


Kathy Graumann
June 17, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment