Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Summer Shuttle Service

SUMMER SHUTTLE SERVICE

Devotion
As I continue
My summer shuttle service,
I am reminded:

The Lord watches me –
My coming and my going –
He watches my life.

My help comes from Him;
The Lord will keep me from harm
Now and forever.

As a grandmother of six grandchildren who are living with me this summer, I operate a full and exciting schedule, especially during this week of Vacation Bible School. My “summer shuttle service” hums busily throughout the day beginning at 7:30 A.M. when my teens arrive at V.B.S. to provide child care for the young children of V.B.S. volunteers. At 8:00 A.M. my pastor husband arrives at church. Shortly after, I deliver my three younger grandchildren who are participants in Vacation Bible School’s W.I.L.D. Week, i.e. Winning in Life with Jesus. I return home to devote singular attention to my little two-year-old grandson before returning to church to pick up the younger grandchildren at the conclusion of V.B.S. When responsibilities have concluded for my teen grand-daughters, I return to church to pick them up and return them home for lunch. The library becomes our afternoon destination. Through all the activity of the busy season, God provides all I need to serve Him with gladness. Each day my “summer shuttle service” offers me the opportunity to serve God by serving others with joy.

Bible Reading
“I lift up my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth…The Lord watches over you – The Lord will keep you from all harm – He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121”

Challenge
Perform an act of service today for someone and demonstrate joy in serving another.

Read
Matthew 28:20; Ephesians 6:7

Prayer
Dear Father, thank You for giving me all that I need to be a loving servant to others. Help me serve You by serving others with gladness. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Kathy Graumann
June 14, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment